Thursday 24 April 2008

Life Drawing

Last weekend I attended Glasgow school of Art for a 2 day life drawing and anatomy class. So fantastic to get back to drawing and to have a teacher that actually well...teaches. We didn't tend to get this at Art College, the odd thing here and there but not much feedback. I've always wanted to improve my drawing and learn more about it, so I took the opportunity to bombard the tutor with questions and I learned an awful lot.

Here, I think my anatomy is relatively ok but my shading is all over the place- me and my dark charcoal but hey...that's me :)

I'm going to do more- this has got me buzzing again




2 comments:

R A B said...

great stuff mate, i really like the drawing, looks like you enjoyed it. Sounds like a mega weekend of nakedness and sketching! what a combo! :)

this is my third attempt at posting this comment...the word verification is soo darn tough!!! :)

saraloves said...

Hi Alan, I'm trying to get back in to this blogging business, i'm very bad at remembering about it. anyhoo, saw your blog so dropping in to say hi - hi. I like ur life drawing post, would like to get back to life drawing myself, maybe one day.