Saturday 8 December 2007

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away....


Well where do you start with a blog? I have no idea but a recent ZBrush sculpt seems as good a place as any? Technically, this is exactly what I said I wouldn't do- the idea was to concentrate on drawing in my spare time but I enjoy sculpting in ZBrush. This took about 4 days of solid, eye-blurring work but I learned a lot.

The hardest part was getting the weight and proportion right. I kept it simple, no un-necessary detail and this is how I'll probably continue- at least for a while anyway. I might texture it in future but at the moment I'm just enjoying sculpting little maquettes and leaving it at that.

There's something else in the works- it just needs some TLC- so keep posted :)

2 comments:

R A B said...

FINALLY!!! you've always been a talented b*****d, so it's about time the interweb got to see yer stuff! This guy is very cool, nice style, feels like a retro kinda 60's action hero, really cool model.

Gordon Brown said...

Love this sculpt man, under appreciated and mis-understood, but I love him. Nice work on getting him soooo smooth and defined, no small feat in zbrush.